Event Cinemas around the country are gearing up for a jam-packed summer season with an absolutely epic festive season of entertainment. From this summer’s hottest blockbusters to an incredible line-up of family films to keep the kids entertained these school holidays – there’s something for everyone this summer at Event Cinemas.
Summer Blockbuster Movie Line Up:
• In cinemas now – DUNE: Feature adaptation of Frank Herbert’s science fiction novel, about the son of a noble family entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy starring Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac, Jason Momoa, Timothée Chalamet, and Zendaya.
• Thursday 16 December – SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME: For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighbourhood hero is unmasked and no longer able to separate his normal life from the high-stakes of being a Super Hero. When he asks for help from Doctor Strange, the stakes become even more dangerous, forcing him to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.
• Sunday 26 December – WEST SIDE STORY: An adaptation of the 1957 musical, West Side Story explores forbidden love, and the rivalry between the Jets and the Sharks, two teenage street gangs of different ethnic backgrounds.
• Sunday 26 December – THE MATRIX: RESURRECTIONS: From visionary filmmaker Lana Wachowski comes “The Matrix Resurrections,” the long-awaited fourth film in the ground-breaking franchise that redefined a genre. The new film reunites original stars Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss in the iconic roles.
• Saturday 1 January – HOUSE OF GUCCI: Lady Gaga and Adam Driver star in House of Gucci, the story of how Patrizia Reggiani, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, plotted to kill her husband, the grandson of renowned fashion designer Guccio Gucci.
• Saturday 1 January – GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE: From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman, comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mum and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.
• Thursday 6 January – THE KING’S MAN: As a collection of history’s worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them.
Along with a selection of the hottest blockbusters, Event Cinemas has the school holidays sorted with the very best family blockbusters:
• In cinemas now – ENCANTO: Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Encanto tells the tale of an extraordinary family, the Madrigals, who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia, in a magical house, in a vibrant town, in a wondrous, charmed place called an Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift from super strength to the power to heal—every child except one, Mirabel. But when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is in danger, Mirabel decides that she, the only ordinary Madrigal, might just be her exceptional family’s last hope
• Sunday 26 December – SING 2: The ever-optimistic koala, Buster Moon, and his all-star cast of performers prepare to launch their most dazzling stage extravaganza yet …all in the glittering entertainment capital of the world. There’s just one hitch: They first have to persuade the world’s most reclusive rock star—played by global music icon Bono, in his animated film debut—to join them.
• Thursday 30 December – CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG: When middle-schooler Emily Elizabeth (Darby Camp) meets a magical animal rescuer (John Cleese) who gifts her a little, red puppy, she never anticipated waking up to find a giant ten-foot hound in her small New York City apartment. While her single mom (Sienna Guillory) is away for business, Emily and her fun but impulsive uncle Casey (Jack Whitehall) set out on an adventure that will keep you on the edge-of-your-seat as our heroes take a bite out of the Big Apple. Based on the beloved Scholastic book character, Clifford will teach the world how to love big.
Thursday 6 January – THE ADDAMS FAMILY 2: The Addams get tangled up in more wacky adventures and find themselves involved in hilarious run-ins with all sorts of unsuspecting characters. Sequel to the 2019 animated film, ‘The Addams Family’.
Families can save these school holidays with special Family Saver sessions, offering big savings on family films before 5pm daily. Plus, families can upgrade to Gold Class with comfy full recliners, a dedicated kids menu and delicious options for the adults with special Gold Class Family Saver deals. To find local screening times head to www.eventcinemas.com.auand start planning your trip to the movies.
*Visitwww.eventcinemas.com.auor check with your local participating cinema for full details, session times, and Family Saver tickets as details and availability vary. Family Saver pricing available to Cinebuzz members on select family films (Cinebuzz is free to join).
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.