The Cale Street Festival returns to bring heaps of fun to Midland on Sunday 23 February.
Following a successful debut last year, the festival will celebrate all that Summer offers with family friendly activities, market stalls, live music and delicious food outlets.
The event is being coordinated by local town team, Midland Junction Collective, who are working with the theme wheel-ability.
“It’s all about access and ability,” said MJC’s Elizabeth Archer.
“It’s about how we get around our town thoughtfully, about people power, not cars”.
“We want those on foot, pushing prams, wheeling wheelchairs, skating and riding bikes and scooters to feel safe and welcome – and for this to continue in the long term.”
Involving as many community groups and local businesses as possible, the Cale Street Festival aims to showcase the power of the wheel through energy production, artworks, transport and entertainment.
“We’ll have pedal-powered smoothie machines, bike workshops, chocolate wheels and community artworks – with everything revolving around the wheel!”
Other highlights of the Cale Street Festival include:
- live Summer music ranging from jazz to indi rock to Bollywood and brass with entertainment stages featuring local performers, DJs, big bands and soloists
- a variety of food experiences with alfresco offerings from local restaurants and cafes
- pop-up street bars
- family fun including carnival rides, a special zone of free activities, face painting and plenty more for the kids
- weird and wonderful art activations throughout the precinct
- plenty of retail therapy with local business specials and market stalls
- roving entertainment performing around the festival all day
A full program for the Cale Street Festival will be released soon.
If you’re a local trader or an interested member of the community and would like to be involved, please register your interest via UpBeat Events firstname.lastname@example.org
Attendees are encouraged to walk, ride, push or wheel themselves to the festival.
The Cale Street Festival is presented by Midland Gate.